Jake and I went away for a weekend while the girls were on a Student Council Leadership Conference. We stayed in Cleveland, Georgia not far from Helen. After Jake was done with work we headed into Helen to grab a bite to eat. We had looked at a few restaurant reviews prior to going so we had an idea of some of the places we may want to check out.
Once in Helen we parked on the edge of town and took a stroll through the quaint little shopping area. We passed several of the restaurants that we were considering. We finally settled on Cowboys & Angels Restaurant When we first arrived there were only a couple tables inside (but they were reserved) and several tables available outside. We considered staying because it was probably going to get cooler as it got darker. The hostess and staff reassured us that they had outdoor heaters. They found us a table in an area that would be a little warmer and a little quieter. A musician from Nasheville, TN was singing on the outdoor patio, but wasn’t too loud.
The weather was a little bit cooler, but it was still comfortable. The staff was quick and accommodating. The food was delicious. Jake had the Longhorn Burger with Broccoli. I had the Grilled Maverick Chicken with a House Salad both were delicious.
- Location is in the heart of the shopping and tourist district of Helen, GA
- Food was delicious and for a reasonable price
- Atmosphere was good with live music
- Hospitality was excellent and pleasant with prompt service from the staff
- Limited indoor seating. If it is a cooler day when you visit and the restaurant is busy you may be eating outside.
- NOTE: Staff indicated that they were in the process of expanding and hope to have more indoor eating space in the future (not sure of the exact plans or timeline).
Overall: Yes, would definitely try again on a future visit to Helen, GA. They would probably benefit from more indoor seating especially during the cooler months, but I can imagine it would be a really neat venue for eating on the porch & patio throughout the Spring and Summer seasons. The food was great and the service was excellent so if you are looking for somewhere to eat while visiting the area we recommend you check them out.
Share and Enjoy.